Facilitating Improvements for Recreational Activities
Councilwoman Berland continually sponsors programming and legislation to assist residents involved in sports and other recreational activities.
[su_list icon=”icon: circle”]
- Co-sponsored legislation to install aluminum bleachers at the Town’s various sports fields.
- Sponsored legislation to provide bus service to the Town’s many recreation programs.
- Sponsored legislation for spring, summer, and autumn storage at Town marinas.
- Sponsored legislation for Cozzi Sports, Inc. to operate a pro shop service at Dix Hills Park Twin Ice Rinks.
- Sponsored legislation to resurface athletic courts at Otsego, Caledonia, Elwood and Gardiner Farms Parks in the Town of Huntington.
Making Sure the Long Island Rowing Club Keeps On Rowing
Councilwoman Berland continues to sponsor legislation to execute agreements with the Long Island Rowing Club to temporarily store their equipment and boats at Huntington Bay’s Fleets Cove Beach and continue their rowing and sculling programs for youth and adults while planning for a permanent location is underway.
New Ice for the Rink
Councilwoman Berland teamed up with the Department of Parks and Recreation to bring a desperately needed second rink to Dix Hills Park. The new rink increased the amount of ice time available for Huntington’s hockey leagues and recreational skaters and continues to generate additional revenue for the Town.